Setup SAML Authentication With Google SSO
To add Google SSO to your SmartFile account:
On Google Workspace Console:
- Go to your Google Workspace Admin portal.
- On the left, select Apps
- Select Web and mobile apps
- Click on Add app
- Click on Add custom SAML app
- Set App name to "SmartFile" then click Continue
- Click on Download metadata then click Continue
- In the field ACS URL put your entity id https:// + '/saml2/acs/'
- In the field Entity ID put your custom domain selected for your site. DO NOT INCLUDE https://
- In the field Start URL put your https:// + entity id + '/ftp/login/'
- Click Continue
- Click Finish
- Provide the saved XML file to support to be installed on your site.
- Sign into your SmartFile account.
- For each user assigned to Google sign in, create a user with their username and email being the email used in Google and the sign on method set to “SSO”.
- When you go to your site’s sign in page, there should now be a Single Sign-On button. Users will click on this button and be signed into SmartFile through Google to their given account.