Low on Space?
If you run out of disk space on your account, you will unfortunately not be able to upload any more files, and the system will send a 402 error response to upload requests. However, your existing files will still be accessible.
In this situation your options for enabling upload again are:
- Add more storage to your plan (instantly) or
- Delete files and wait for the next quota calculationTwice daily storage quotas are re-calculated at approximately 9AM and 9PM ET.
Cleaning Up Files
Here's the recommended strategy for freeing up space on your site:
- You can use the WebDAV service with a disk analysis tool to visualize your storage and create usage reports. Here's how:
- Map a network drive to your site
- Download and install WinDirStat with the default options
- Start a new scan and select the new network drive you created
- This does not normally take more than a few minutes
- The animated Pac-man next to each folder will disappear once all of its subdirectories have been fully traversed
- When the scan is complete you will see a visual representation of the data with lots of colorful blocks. You can click on them to navigate quickly, or browse the directory tree listing.
- Beginning with the largest, identify any areas that can be cleaned up, and delete
- The file list will be sorted largest to smallest in each directory
- The section on the right shows the most common file types on top, and serves as a color-coded legend
- Files can be deleted directly from within the program or you right click to Open in ExplorerDeleted files will not go to the Recycle Bin on your desktop.
- Refresh the results and repeat as needed
- (Optional) Export the results to .CSV for reporting purposes
- Empty your Trash Bin
- Empty other users' Trash Bins
- Allow up to 12 hours for quota to reflect your changesUploading a small file will trigger its folder's size to be recalulated.