Connect Using SFTP
Updated 2 months ago
To connect your account using SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), follow the steps below:
You can connect to your account through any SFTP program. If you don't have an SFTP program, using FileZilla as your desktop client is recommended.
- Log in to your account with your Username and Password.
- Click Connectors in the top menu.
- Click FTP Client in the drop down menu.
- Click FileZilla to open the FileZilla website.
- Download FileZilla Client.
- Open FileZilla.
- Click File in the top menu.
- Click Site Manager.
- Click New Site once the Site Manager window opens.
- Complete the form within the General tab:
FTP, FTPS, FTPES and SFTP are supported.
- Protocol: SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
- Host: type in your site address.
- Port: 22
- User: type in your account username.
- Password: type in your account password.
- Click Connect.
Once you have connected, you will see your local files on the left and your SFTP site files on the right within FileZilla. Simply drag and drop to transfer files and folders.
You have now connected using SFTP.