Adding a CNAME Using Network Solutions
- Log in to your account at www.networksolutions.com.
- In the Account Manager, select Manage Domain Names.
- Click the domain that you're using..
- If you haven't already done so, tick the option for Custom DNS Settings and click Edit. If you have already used this option, click Edit DNS.
- In the Edit DNS page, click Continue for the DNS Manager ‐ Advanced Tools section.
- To add a CNAME record, click Add/Edit for the Host Aliases section.
- For custom URLs, enter the part of the address that you picked as part of your account setup. For example, if you picked uploads.yourdomain.com as your address, enter only uploads in the Alias box.
- As the host name, enter <0000000000>.customCNAME.com for domain verification.
Note: Support will give you a unique 10 character prefix for the .customCNAME.com upon request.
- Click Continue.
Please note that if you want to repurpose an already used domain entry (for instance, if you want your site address to be at www.yourcompany.com instead of uploads.yourcompany.com), you will need to delete the existing entry. For the previous example, you would need to delete the entry for ‘www’ and use the above process (steps 1‐7) to create a CNAME for www.