Adding a CNAME Using Hover.com
- Log in to your account at hover.com.
- Click the domain that you'd like to use with your file sharing site.
- Click the DNS tab.
- Click the Add A Record button.
- For the Type, select CNAME from the dropdown box.
- For the Hostname, enter only the subdomain of the address you want to use for your file sharing site. For example, if you picked uploads.mydomain.com as your address, enter “uploads” here.
- Enter customcname.com as the Target Name.
- Click the Add Record button.