Adding a CNAME Using Godaddy.com
- Log in to your account at www.godaddy.com.
- Open the Domains tab and select My Domain Names. You'll be directed to the Manage
- Click the domain that you'd like to use with your file sharing site.
- Click the Total DNS Control And MX Records in the box entitled Total DNS Control.
- Click Add New CNAME Record. If you've already created a CNAME record for your file sharing
address, click Edit next to the existing CNAME record.
- For the Host, enter only the subdomain of the address you want to use for your file sharing site. For
example, if you picked uploads.mydomain.com as your address, enter “uploads” here.
- Enter <0000000000>.customCNAME.com as the Points To
Note: Support will give you a unique 10 character prefix for the .customCNAME.com upon request.
- Change TTL to 1/2 Hour or to 600 Seconds.
- Click Continue, and then click Add. If you're editing an existing CNAME record, click Continue and Update.