Adding a CNAME Using EveryDNS.net
- Log in to your account at www.EveryDNS.net.
- On the left side, click the domain you’d like to use with your file sharing site.
- Since EveryDNS.net is your hosting service, and not your domain registrar, be sure that yourdomain points to EveryDNS.net’s nameservers. This will allow your CNAME record configuration to take effect.
- Below Add a Record:, you can create your CNAME record.
- Next to Fully Qualified Domain Name, enter only the subdomain you want to use. For example, if you picked uploads.mydomain.com as your site's address, just enter “uploads” as the entry next to Fully Qualified Domain Name.
- Select CNAME as the Record Type.
- Enter customcname.com as the Record Value.
- Click Add Record.