Adding a CNAME Using Domain Direct
- Go to www.domaindirect.com, click my account and log in to your domain.
- On the Domain tab, click Advanced Settings.
- Click Edit Zone File. Note: Do not delete the A record for "*.domain.com" and "domain.com" or you will have problems later.
- Under CNAME, add entries for "calendar," "docs," and "start." Or any custom URL that
you've chosen. (ex: uploads.mydomain.com)
- Point each of them to <0000000000>.customCNAME.com
- Note: Support will give you a unique 10 character prefix for the .customCNAME.com upon request.
- Return to the DomainDirect control panel and click Domain Forwarding. Set it to forward all www requests to http://www.domain.com. If you don't do this, someone typing domain.com in a web browser will get an error message instead of reaching any pages you have at www.domain.com.
- Disable the URL Keeper feature. Note: Subdomain forwarding ‐‐ which you can set up on this page ‐‐ will still continue to work.