Adding a CNAME Using 1and1
Updated 3 years ago
- Log in to your account at https://admin.1and1.com
- If it's not already selected, click the Administration tab.
- Click Domains. The Domain Overview page appears.
- From the New drop‐down menu, select Create Subdomain. (If you've already created a
subdomain for your file sharing address, skip to step six.)
- Enter only the subdomain you want to use, and click OK. For example, if you chose
uploads.mydomain.com for your blog's address, you should enter “uploads” here.
- Select the checkbox next to the subdomain that you will be using. (Example: uploads.mydomain.com)
- From the DNS menu, select Edit DNS Settings.
- Click the radio button next to CNAME.
- Enter customcname.com next to Alias.
- Click OK.