Two Factor Authentication
We now offer Two-Factor Authentication (2FA/MFA) in the web interface. This feature improves your account security by prompting you for a 6-digit code you receive on your mobile phone after entering your password on the website.
To turn it on, go to your user profile.
Click the last drop-down box at the bottom. You can choose either:
- SMS (text message) codes that will look something like this:
- Compatible Mobile Apps with One-Time Passwords (search the App Store for "totp").
- You can set it up easliy by scanning a QR code.
- Entering the wrong code will not lock out your account.
- You can request a recovery code to be emailed to you ten (10) times.
- You will not be prompted for a code when using FTP, FTPS, SFTP, or WebDAV.
- Site Administrators may require 2FA site-wide.
- iOS 12+ users will notice a convenient autofill option on the keyboard.
- Android has a similar feature in the text field.